Five years ago, it would have taken Lemuel Lee, deputy head of Asia investment services at BNP Paribas Private Banking, almost an hour to source the best price for a vanilla structured product. Now, the process takes as little as two minutes. He no longer needs to speak directly to bank counterparties and the price he receives is more competitive than ever.
Lee’s experience is indicative of a transformation currently afoot in Asia’s structured products market. Private bankers and wealth
- Bank risk manager of the year: UBS
- Asia moves: BlackRock picks new Asia head, Credit Suisse boosts regional solutions, and more
- We need a different approach to supervisory stress-testing
- People moves: Asia hires at Credit Suisse, new UBS data role, NatWest takes UBS's Duclos, and more
- Risk solutions house of the year: HSBC