A group of trade bodies is asking global regulators to raise the threshold at which counterparties must comply with the fifth and final wave of initial margin rules on non-cleared derivatives – effectively calling on watchdogs to slash the number of in-scope entities tenfold to just over 100, and permanently exempt almost 1,000 firms from the rules.
In a letter to the Basel Committee on Banking Supervision and the International Organization of Securities Commissions and copied to 58 regulatory
- Bank risk manager of the year: UBS
- People moves: Asia hires at Credit Suisse, new UBS data role, NatWest takes UBS's Duclos, and more
- Asia moves: BlackRock picks new Asia head, Credit Suisse boosts regional solutions, and more
- We need a different approach to supervisory stress-testing
- Risk solutions house of the year: HSBC