Inflation traders are sceptical the UK can ditch the flawed index that is used as the official reference for inflation-linked government debt – even over the 10-year timeframe suggested by Bank of England governor, Mark Carney, last month.
The retail price index (RPI) was dropped as an official measure by the UK’s Office for National Statistics (ONS) in 2013 – in large part because of arithmetical problems that could inflate the index – but it remains the benchmark for the £314 billion ($434
- Bank risk manager of the year: UBS
- People moves: Asia hires at Credit Suisse, new UBS data role, NatWest takes UBS's Duclos, and more
- Risk solutions house of the year: HSBC
- Buy-side quant of the year: Gordon Ritter
- Asia moves: BlackRock picks new Asia head, Credit Suisse boosts regional solutions, and more