Derivatives lawyers have welcomed a decision by an appeals court in Moscow to overturn a first-instance verdict favouring Russia’s largest oil-pipeline company Transneft in a billion-dollar derivatives dispute with Sberbank. But legal risk remains a concern in the local market, with Russia’s central bank now asking systemically important lenders to provide details of derivatives trades.
“We consider the decision of the appellate court to be very positive for the market,” says Alexander Anichkin
- Bank risk manager of the year: UBS
- People moves: Asia hires at Credit Suisse, new UBS data role, NatWest takes UBS's Duclos, and more
- Asia moves: BlackRock picks new Asia head, Credit Suisse boosts regional solutions, and more
- Risk solutions house of the year: HSBC
- We need a different approach to supervisory stress-testing