Like an occasionally off-key understudy for a big Broadway show, the US repo market is set to take Libor’s starring role in the financial markets while some fear it is not ready for the limelight.
The choice of the repo-backed Secured Overnight Financing Rate (SOFR) as Libor’s replacement was taken in June by an industry working group, following a turbulent 12 months for the market: interbank trading between JP Morgan and BNY Mellon broke down, and there were repeated dislocations at quarter
- Bank risk manager of the year: UBS
- People moves: Asia hires at Credit Suisse, new UBS data role, NatWest takes UBS's Duclos, and more
- Asia moves: BlackRock picks new Asia head, Credit Suisse boosts regional solutions, and more
- We need a different approach to supervisory stress-testing
- Risk solutions house of the year: HSBC