Investment bankers used to be known as masters of the universe, but while they span from deal to deal, and client to client, other hands were shaping the cosmos. Secretive strategic investing teams sank the banks' money into companies such as AcadiaSoft, Markit, SwapClear and Tradeweb, enabling them to influence the speed and direction of change in the markets where they made a fat slice of their revenues.
No longer. Innovation is now driven by a fast-expanding galaxy of fintech firms, and banks
- People moves: SocGen adds in prime services, Deutsche fills new rates hole, HSBC makes model move, and more
- Quant Finance Master’s Guide 2019
- Princeton tops inaugural Risk.net quant master’s ranking
- Credit risk quants are hitting the tech gap
- Does credit risk need an expected shortfall-style revamp?