The World Factbook from the CIA places New Zealand fifty-third on the list of the globe's largest economies, well outside membership of the Group of 20 nations, which published a commitment to move over-the-counter derivatives into central clearing at the end of its 2009 Pittsburgh Summit. But while G20 members such as Saudi Arabia and Russia are effectively absent from global derivatives markets, New Zealand has a much larger footprint in the sector than the size of its economy would suggest.
- Bank risk manager of the year: UBS
- People moves: Asia hires at Credit Suisse, new UBS data role, NatWest takes UBS's Duclos, and more
- Asia moves: BlackRock picks new Asia head, Credit Suisse boosts regional solutions, and more
- Risk solutions house of the year: HSBC
- We need a different approach to supervisory stress-testing