Quants sometimes turn to physics to tackle the challenges of financial modelling - a move often criticised for introducing complexity and unintuitive parameters into models. In our first technical, Path-dependent volatility, Julien Guyon, senior quant at Bloomberg, introduces a path-dependent volatility (PDV) framework that is calibrated using a technique commonly applied to the study of particle interactions in physics and shows it can capture the relevant dynamics using a single driver.
- Brexit novations ‘on hold’ to gain reg relief
- Banks hope final FRTB rules will ease NMRF burden
- Functional programming reaches for stardom in finance
- People moves: Bank of America names new Apac chiefs, Wilkinson leaves LGIM, Lloyds loses Coutte, and more
- Mifid data publishers drag feet on Esma guidelines