More than 200 funds owned by 77 fund managers will be caught when mandatory clearing for over-the-counter swaps starts in the US next month, according to a list obtained by Risk – and dealers claim as much as a third of these entities are not yet ready.
"You would think that all active funds have signed documents, gone through the onboarding process and are waiting for the go-live date, but that is not the case. It is a mad scramble right now," says one clearing expert at a US bank.
The week on Risk.net, October 6-12, 2017Receive this by email
- SGX, HKEX expect to be among first wave of Mifid II equivalence
- Leaked EU doc could shield legacy swaps from clearing grab
- Quantile, TriOptima face off in cleared swaps compression battle
- ABS set for revival under US Treasury’s liquidity buffer plans
- Quants stymied by lack of alternative risk premia flows data