Some of the most fundamental and long-considered solved problems of financial engineering, such as construction of yield curves and calibration of implied volatility surfaces, have recently turned out to be more complex than previously thought.
In particular, it has become apparent that one of the main challenges of options pricing and risk management is the sparseness of market data for model calibration, especially in severe conditions. Market quotes can be very sparse in both strike and
- Functional programming reaches for stardom in finance
- Asia moves: Natixis sales head moves to Barclays, new banking head for StanChart Singapore, and more
- Banks hope final FRTB rules will ease NMRF burden
- Banks use machine learning to ‘augment’ corporate sales
- Buy-siders eye ways to get ahead of US resolution stay rules