The backlash from corporate treasurers over the likelihood that new financial regulation will drive up the cost of hedging continued last week, as panellists at the ACI UK Financial Markets Association's annual Square Mile Debate in London argued there is now more uncertainty than ever.
"The thing we are worried about is the cost of these regulations. We think it is going to be difficult for banks to avoid giving the costs to us unless they're going to make more money out of other parts of the b
The week on Risk.net, October 6-12, 2017Receive this by email
- SGX, HKEX expect to be among first wave of Mifid II equivalence
- Leaked EU doc could shield legacy swaps from clearing grab
- Quantile, TriOptima face off in cleared swaps compression battle
- ABS set for revival under US Treasury’s liquidity buffer plans
- Quants stymied by lack of alternative risk premia flows data