The course of tech bliss never did run smooth. Blockchain, the technology behind bitcoin, promises safer, faster and cheaper trading for commodity firms and financing banks, but much remains to be done to entrench the nascent technology in what is still a heavily paper-based industry spanning vastly different countries.
In late February, ING and Societe Generale Corporate & Investment Banking announced they had successfully built and used a prototype of a blockchain platform to carry out a real
The week on Risk.net, October 6-12, 2017Receive this by email
- SGX, HKEX expect to be among first wave of Mifid II equivalence
- Quantile, TriOptima face off in cleared swaps compression battle
- Leaked EU doc could shield legacy swaps from clearing grab
- ABS set for revival under US Treasury’s liquidity buffer plans
- Quants stymied by lack of alternative risk premia flows data