With the start of mandatory trade reporting in European Union wholesale gas and power markets, big changes are expected in the way those markets are policed – and the authorities will be watching closely for evidence of manipulation, insider trading and other misconduct.
"Regulators will be able to get a much fuller view," says Geoff Boon, programme manager for energy markets governance and Remit at Energie-Control, Austria's energy regulator. "It's not just what is happening on the trading
- People moves: SocGen adds in prime services, Deutsche fills new rates hole, HSBC makes model move, and more
- Quant Finance Master’s Guide 2019
- Princeton tops inaugural Risk.net quant master’s ranking
- Credit risk quants are hitting the tech gap
- Does credit risk need an expected shortfall-style revamp?