"The amount of oil Iraq is proposing to deliver to the market is impossible," said Peter Wells, director of oil and energy product and technology modeller Neftex Petroleum Consultants, speaking at the Centre for Global Energy Studies in London. "It is spreadsheet trickery because if you look at what it says on paper, in terms of reserves, compared with the maturity of the fields, the figures do not add up. The reserves are tired."
Wells predicts that, while the bid target for one of Iraq's
- Brexit novations ‘on hold’ to gain reg relief
- People moves: Bank of America names new Apac chiefs, Wilkinson leaves LGIM, Lloyds loses Coutte, and more
- Mifid data publishers drag feet on Esma guidelines
- Sefs, Libor fallbacks and risk governance in Asia
- Banks hope final FRTB rules will ease NMRF burden