Nord Pool Spot, the exchange for physical power in the Nordic region, has recorded increased volumes on the day-ahead market, despite overall turnover being almost 30% lower in 2009 than the year before.
The volume traded on Elbas, Nord Pool Spot's balancing market for Germany, Finland, Sweden, Norway and Denmark, was 29% higher in 2009, reaching 2.37 terawatt hours (TWh) compared with 1.83 TWh in 2008.
"Despite the financial crisis and the challenges our participants have faced in the year that
- People moves: SocGen adds in prime services, Deutsche fills new rates hole, HSBC makes model move, and more
- Quant Finance Master’s Guide 2019
- Credit risk quants are hitting the tech gap
- Princeton tops inaugural Risk.net quant master’s ranking
- Does credit risk need an expected shortfall-style revamp?