EDF and Constellation received the go-ahead today from the Maryland Public Service Commission (MPSC) for a joint venture that would see the French firm acquire a 49.99% stake in Constellation’s nuclear generation and operation business for $4.5 billion.
Announced in January, the deal also involved an immediate cash injection of $1 billion and a $600 million interim backstop liquidity facility. Constellation also signed up for the option to sell up to $2 billion of non-nuclear generation assets
- People moves: SocGen adds in prime services, Deutsche fills new rates hole, HSBC makes model move, and more
- Credit risk quants are hitting the tech gap
- Princeton tops inaugural Risk.net quant master’s ranking
- Does credit risk need an expected shortfall-style revamp?
- Quant Finance Master’s Guide 2019