Saudi Aramco has used WTI crude prices published by McGraw Hill’s Platts as the benchmark for crude sales to the US since 1994.
“Argus creates volume-weighted averages of the entire day’s physical market trading to create the ASCI,” says Adrian Binks, Argus Media’s chairman and chief executive. “This clearly is the most transparent and robust method available for such active markets.”
Argus Media launched ASCI in May to represent the daily value of US Gulf coast medium sour crude, based on
- Brexit novations ‘on hold’ to gain reg relief
- People moves: Bank of America names new Apac chiefs, Wilkinson leaves LGIM, Lloyds loses Coutte, and more
- Banks hope final FRTB rules will ease NMRF burden
- Mifid data publishers drag feet on Esma guidelines
- Sefs, Libor fallbacks and risk governance in Asia