The four-year 100% capital protected certificate pays an annual profit rate based on the performance of a basket of equities comprising companies in the oil, gas and consumable fuels; energy equipment and services; chemicals; industrial conglomerates; and metals and mining sectors.
The profit rate is capped at 15% per year. As long as the basket level is above its initial value on a profit rate distribution date the product will pay an income. The performance of the basket is calculated as
- People moves: SocGen adds in prime services, Deutsche fills new rates hole, HSBC makes model move, and more
- Credit risk quants are hitting the tech gap
- Princeton tops inaugural Risk.net quant master’s ranking
- Does credit risk need an expected shortfall-style revamp?
- Teach history to avoid mistakes of yesterday’s quants