Amid all the turmoil experienced by conventional financial markets lately, one underlying asset not normally associated with stability has put in a surprisingly consistent performance – weather.
Elsewhere the last four months have involved numerous shocks: a historic spike in equity-implied volatility; an unplanned sharp interest rate cut in the US; a bank run in the UK; and the the euro surpassing the 1.40 mark versus the dollar. However, indexes and strategies linked to the weather have
- People moves: SocGen adds in prime services, Deutsche fills new rates hole, HSBC makes model move, and more
- Quant Finance Master’s Guide 2019
- Credit risk quants are hitting the tech gap
- Princeton tops inaugural Risk.net quant master’s ranking
- Does credit risk need an expected shortfall-style revamp?