Geneva-based Essent Trading has signed a deal to purchase emissions reductions units (ERUs) from a Russian Joint Implementation (JI) project.
Essent will purchase the credits from project developer Core Carbon Group, in a deal intermediated by ING Bank's emissions desk in Amsterdam and the New York division of the bank's financial markets group. The project will be methane-based and the emissions rights will be bought later this year when work on the project begins.
"Russia is the core country for
- Brexit novations ‘on hold’ to gain reg relief
- People moves: Bank of America names new Apac chiefs, Wilkinson leaves LGIM, Lloyds loses Coutte, and more
- Banks hope final FRTB rules will ease NMRF burden
- Mifid data publishers drag feet on Esma guidelines
- Sefs, Libor fallbacks and risk governance in Asia