The Qatar-based International Mercantile Exchange (Imex) has announced plans to launch the world's first spot contract for liquefied natural gas (LNG) by the end of the year, pending regulatory approval.
A successfully adopted LNG spot contract could stimulate the short-term market for LNG, which today accounts for less than 15% of global LNG trade.The exchange is also looking to launch Sharia-compliant products and mini-contracts, Imex chairman Esam Janahi told a meeting of investors in
- Quant Finance Master’s Guide 2019
- People moves: SocGen adds in prime services, Deutsche fills new rates hole, HSBC makes model move, and more
- Cross-currency swaps could hasten RFR shift in Australia
- Podcast: Kenyon and Berrahoui on the pitfalls of PFE
- EU parliament OKs no-action powers but leaked doc signals delay