The SSY / globalCOAL platform already offers dry cargo forward freight agreement (FFA) clearing through LCH.Clearnet, and SSY expects the link with NOS will increase volumes for wet (tanker) FFA trades through the screen. Dry FFA clearing will also be offered through NOS.
SSY is currently in talks to further enhance the platform by including a link to SGX clearing services. “For some time we have believed that a multi-cleared screen will be the way forward," says Mark Richardson, head of SSY
- Brexit novations ‘on hold’ to gain reg relief
- Banks hope final FRTB rules will ease NMRF burden
- People moves: Bank of America names new Apac chiefs, Wilkinson leaves LGIM, Lloyds loses Coutte, and more
- Functional programming reaches for stardom in finance
- Mifid data publishers drag feet on Esma guidelines