The index will track the price of forward freight agreement (FFAs) for three different dry bulk carrier types, which each holds a different weighting: 50 % is allocated to the Panamax time charter index, 40% to Capesize and 10% to Supramax.
The dry (cargo) freight derivatives market has exploded in value in the past five years, going from $10 billion in value to a projected $150 billion in 2008, according to Ilija Murisic, executive director, hybrid derivatives trading at UBS.
- People moves: SocGen adds in prime services, Deutsche fills new rates hole, HSBC makes model move, and more
- Quant Finance Master’s Guide 2019
- Credit risk quants are hitting the tech gap
- Princeton tops inaugural Risk.net quant master’s ranking
- Does credit risk need an expected shortfall-style revamp?