Australia's energy supply industry needs A$100 billion (US$72 billion) in funding over the next five years to help tackle the challenge of reducing greenhouse gas emissions in the midst of the global economic downturn, according to an industry survey.
The Energy Supply Association of Australia (ESAA) survey showed that A$50 billion would be required to refinance existing energy assets. ESAA chief executive Clare Savage said in a statement that the government's proposed Carbon Pollution Reduction
- Asia moves: Natixis sales head moves to Barclays, new banking head for StanChart Singapore, and more
- Functional programming reaches for stardom in finance
- Banks hope final FRTB rules will ease NMRF burden
- Banks use machine learning to ‘augment’ corporate sales
- Buy-siders eye ways to get ahead of US resolution stay rules