Carbon trading at the Montreal Climate Exchange (MCeX) got off to a slow start after its May 30 launch, a struggle some observers believe will continue until a national carbon emissions scheme becomes permanent. A mandatory cap and trade scheme is being drawn up to cover some provinces, but not before 2010.
"The MCeX is unlikely to see a large volume of trading for a good while yet, as firms will have a hard time figuring out what delayed mandatory targets mean for them," says Matthew Bramley,
- People moves: SocGen adds in prime services, Deutsche fills new rates hole, HSBC makes model move, and more
- Credit risk quants are hitting the tech gap
- Princeton tops inaugural Risk.net quant master’s ranking
- Does credit risk need an expected shortfall-style revamp?
- Teach history to avoid mistakes of yesterday’s quants