The UK government's Treasury Select Committee has asked the Financial Services Authority (FSA) to provide it with a full report on the number of transactions and volume of oil traded in the off-exchange over-the-counter (OTC) market, in an attempt to gauge its importance as a price setting mechanism and its susceptibility to manipulation.
The committee meeting was called after the US Commodities Futures Trading Committee (CFTC) said it would impose position limits on US traders active on London
- People moves: SocGen adds in prime services, Deutsche fills new rates hole, HSBC makes model move, and more
- Credit risk quants are hitting the tech gap
- Princeton tops inaugural Risk.net quant master’s ranking
- Does credit risk need an expected shortfall-style revamp?
- Teach history to avoid mistakes of yesterday’s quants