Reinsurer Swiss Re and environmental investment firm RNK Capital have created the carbon market's first insurance product for managing regulatory risk.
Regulatory risk is a key risk factor in carbon credit transactions. Forward buyers of carbon credits from emissions reduction project developers face the risk that the projects will not ultimately be certified for use under the Kyoto Protocol.
The insurance product, which was developed by Swiss Re and RNK, covers Kyoto-related risk to carbon
- People moves: SocGen adds in prime services, Deutsche fills new rates hole, HSBC makes model move, and more
- Credit risk quants are hitting the tech gap
- Quant Finance Master’s Guide 2019
- Princeton tops inaugural Risk.net quant master’s ranking
- Does credit risk need an expected shortfall-style revamp?