Geneva-based Mercuria has been building its sales of petroleum products and purchases of crude oil in Nigeria for several years, said the company in a statement. "The company wants a presence in the community, so that we can be closer to both our customers and our suppliers," said Mercuria.
The office will play a role in optimising the logistics of shipping imports and exports along the West African coast. The company also has plans to invest in Nigeria, both in upstream and downstream
- Brexit novations ‘on hold’ to gain reg relief
- Banks hope final FRTB rules will ease NMRF burden
- Functional programming reaches for stardom in finance
- People moves: Bank of America names new Apac chiefs, Wilkinson leaves LGIM, Lloyds loses Coutte, and more
- Mifid data publishers drag feet on Esma guidelines