The spark spread is the spread between the value of electricity and the fuel used to generate that electricity. Power generators commonly engineer over-the-counter forward trades to lock in spark spreads, in order to protect against gas price volatility.
But now, generators must also factor in the cost of the CO2 emissions
- Quant Finance Master’s Guide 2019
- People moves: SocGen adds in prime services, Deutsche fills new rates hole, HSBC makes model move, and more
- Brexit threatens to reopen Asian bail-in clauses for EU banks
- Podcast: Kenyon and Berrahoui on the pitfalls of PFE
- Cross-currency swaps could hasten RFR shift in Australia