Reforms to the Russian energy sector gathered pace with the successful IPO of the Fifth Power Generation Company (OGK-5). The book for bids closed on this, the first IPO in the sector, on 30 October.
Speculation that Gazprom would buy the entire issue, thereby creating a gas and power monopoly, proved false. Subsequent to the issue, RAO UES will control 75% of OGK-5, compared to 87.7% previously. Strategic investors, including the European Bank for Reconstruction and Development, received 5%
- Quant Finance Master’s Guide 2019
- People moves: SocGen adds in prime services, Deutsche fills new rates hole, HSBC makes model move, and more
- Brexit threatens to reopen Asian bail-in clauses for EU banks
- Podcast: Kenyon and Berrahoui on the pitfalls of PFE
- Cross-currency swaps could hasten RFR shift in Australia