The recent disruption of crude oil supply from BP's Alaskan oil field should encourage end-users to take better care of their exposure to event risk, say consultants.
Last month, a corroded oil pipeline in Alaska forced BP to shut half of its Prudhoe Bay oilfield - North America's largest. This will reduce production from the facility by an estimated 200,000 barrels a day, which is 4% of US crude oil production.
The price of Nymex front month WTI rose from around $73/bbl to over $78/bbl with
- Quant Finance Master’s Guide 2019
- People moves: SocGen adds in prime services, Deutsche fills new rates hole, HSBC makes model move, and more
- Cross-currency swaps could hasten RFR shift in Australia
- Podcast: Kenyon and Berrahoui on the pitfalls of PFE
- EU parliament OKs no-action powers but leaked doc signals delay