The dispute between Ukraine's Naftogaz and Russia's Gazprom over gas supply and transit is likely to drive forward investment in key infrastructure, say experts.
Shamil Yenikeyeff, research fellow at the Oxford Institute for Energy Studies says that in order to create a stable market, European countries should invest in constructing new gas infrastructure in Europe, and new storage facilities. "Unless that happens, there will continue to be instability if there is a shortage of gas," he says.
- People moves: SocGen adds in prime services, Deutsche fills new rates hole, HSBC makes model move, and more
- Quant Finance Master’s Guide 2019
- Princeton tops inaugural Risk.net quant master’s ranking
- Credit risk quants are hitting the tech gap
- Does credit risk need an expected shortfall-style revamp?