Reid was speaking at the UK government’s Treasury Select Committee, which met to scrutinise the regulation of the global oil markets. The meeting was called after recent congressional hearings in the US concluded that the US Commodities Futures Trading Committee (CFTC) should impose position limits on US traders active on London-based ICE Futures Europe, and increase the exchange’s trade data reporting obligations.
Reid said: “I don’t see this as an infringement on the attractiveness or
- Quant Finance Master’s Guide 2019
- People moves: SocGen adds in prime services, Deutsche fills new rates hole, HSBC makes model move, and more
- Cross-currency swaps could hasten RFR shift in Australia
- Podcast: Kenyon and Berrahoui on the pitfalls of PFE
- EU parliament OKs no-action powers but leaked doc signals delay