Credit ratings agency Standard & Poor's is to diversify into the carbon markets with the launch of its Carbon Offset Project Risk Assessments (Copra) service.
Copra, which S&P hopes to launch by December 2009 in co-operation with an as yet unnamed strategic partner, will offer independent assessment of delivery risk on primary Certified Emissions Reduction (CER) credits generated by Clean Development Mechanism (CDM) emissions reduction projects.
The assessment methodology will take into account
- People moves: SocGen adds in prime services, Deutsche fills new rates hole, HSBC makes model move, and more
- Quant Finance Master’s Guide 2019
- Credit risk quants are hitting the tech gap
- Princeton tops inaugural Risk.net quant master’s ranking
- Does credit risk need an expected shortfall-style revamp?