French energy exchange Powernext and financial institution Caisse des Dépôts are working together to launch the first exchange-traded spot contract for certified emissions reduction (CER) credits.
The launch is expected in the fourth quarter of 2007, pending the successful implementation of the UN's Independent Transaction Log (ITL), which will create a registry of issued CERs.
CERs are issued by the UN Executive Board to emission reduction projects. They can be sold to buyers looking to meet
- People moves: SocGen adds in prime services, Deutsche fills new rates hole, HSBC makes model move, and more
- Quant Finance Master’s Guide 2019
- Credit risk quants are hitting the tech gap
- Princeton tops inaugural Risk.net quant master’s ranking
- Does credit risk need an expected shortfall-style revamp?