Inter-dealer broker GFI has added a Delivered Ex Shipping (DES) contract to its screen-based platform in response to market demand.
The main feature of DES is that risk is transferred from the seller to the buyer when the goods are placed at the disposal of the buyer on board the ship. This means that if a cargo has been broken into pieces the titles of ownership/responsibilities while in voyage are much clearer. Take-up of the new contract has been strong, says GFI.
Meanwhile, GFI has
- Quant Finance Master’s Guide 2019
- People moves: SocGen adds in prime services, Deutsche fills new rates hole, HSBC makes model move, and more
- Cross-currency swaps could hasten RFR shift in Australia
- Final FRTB internal model rules get mixed reviews
- Podcast: Kenyon and Berrahoui on the pitfalls of PFE