The spread of electronic trading was a key driver in hybrid broker/exchange Imarex purchasing IDB Spectron for £70 million. The deal "substantially strengthens Imarex's position as a premier trading and clearing hub for the commodity and energy derivatives markets worldwide", according to Imarex.
Spectron Group CEO Andrew Stephens says the two companies share the same ethos on electronic trading. "We were the first to launch a successful European electronic marketplace in gas and power, and we
- Quant Finance Master’s Guide 2019
- People moves: SocGen adds in prime services, Deutsche fills new rates hole, HSBC makes model move, and more
- Brexit threatens to reopen Asian bail-in clauses for EU banks
- Podcast: Kenyon and Berrahoui on the pitfalls of PFE
- Cross-currency swaps could hasten RFR shift in Australia