The price spike produced by the storm should be a wake-up call on the vulnerability of the industry to natural events – of which we are warned to expect more – and the consequences of spiralling demand. It has provided the opportunity to refocus on global warming issues and bring in measures to curb demand.
- Regulators to scrutinise CCP default auctions
- People moves: Bank of America names new Apac chiefs, Wilkinson leaves LGIM, Lloyds loses Coutte, and more
- Sefs, Libor fallbacks and risk governance in Asia
- VAR surges, revenues tank at French banks hurt by volatility
- A rush on Libor fallbacks to head off holdouts