Energy market participants in Asia do not expect investment banks to re-enter the commodity market in the next five years, according to a poll at the Energy Risk Asia conference in Singapore.
Three-quarters (73%) of delegates said they expected that “their involvement will reduce and be replaced by other entities” with only 24% predicting a return. Just 6% expect banks to make a significant move back into commodities within the next five years.
The last five years have seen major banks around
- Bank risk manager of the year: UBS
- Asia moves: BlackRock picks new Asia head, Credit Suisse boosts regional solutions, and more
- We need a different approach to supervisory stress-testing
- People moves: Asia hires at Credit Suisse, new UBS data role, NatWest takes UBS's Duclos, and more
- Risk solutions house of the year: HSBC