Energy market participants in Asia do not expect investment banks to re-enter the commodity market in the next five years, according to a poll at the Energy Risk Asia conference in Singapore.
Three-quarters (73%) of delegates said they expected that “their involvement will reduce and be replaced by other entities” with only 24% predicting a return. Just 6% expect banks to make a significant move back into commodities within the next five years.
The last five years have seen major banks around
- People moves: SocGen adds in prime services, Deutsche fills new rates hole, HSBC makes model move, and more
- Quant Finance Master’s Guide 2019
- Credit risk quants are hitting the tech gap
- Princeton tops inaugural Risk.net quant master’s ranking
- Does credit risk need an expected shortfall-style revamp?