Energy market participants in Asia do not expect investment banks to re-enter the commodity market in the next five years, according to a poll at the Energy Risk Asia conference in Singapore.
Three-quarters (73%) of delegates said they expected that “their involvement will reduce and be replaced by other entities” with only 24% predicting a return. Just 6% expect banks to make a significant move back into commodities within the next five years.
The last five years have seen major banks around
- Asia moves: Natixis sales head moves to Barclays, new banking head for StanChart Singapore, and more
- Functional programming reaches for stardom in finance
- Banks use machine learning to ‘augment’ corporate sales
- First SOFR term rate coming in 2020
- Buy-siders eye ways to get ahead of US resolution stay rules