Uncertainty lingers in energy markets, where a lack of volatility and tightened margins mean utilities, oil and gas firms can no longer rely on simple forecasting models. Many are collecting more data and building more sophisticated risk models in order to remain competitive. For some, it’s a matter of survival.
“In order to find alpha in many of today’s energy markets we need to develop more sophisticated models and use more data,” says Alex Zhukovsky, director of energy portfolio risk
- Bank risk manager of the year: UBS
- People moves: Asia hires at Credit Suisse, new UBS data role, NatWest takes UBS's Duclos, and more
- Asia moves: BlackRock picks new Asia head, Credit Suisse boosts regional solutions, and more
- We need a different approach to supervisory stress-testing
- Risk solutions house of the year: HSBC