After years of poor performance, an increasingly positive commodity price outlook has piqued investor interest in commodity hedge funds, causing a substantial shift in allocations back into the asset class in 2016. While many investors simply want to gain long-only access to rising prices in markets such as crude oil, a number of fund managers have detected growing demand for more diversified offerings and are developing new strategies in response.
Commodities registered the first positive
- People moves: SocGen adds in prime services, Deutsche fills new rates hole, HSBC makes model move, and more
- Credit risk quants are hitting the tech gap
- Princeton tops inaugural Risk.net quant master’s ranking
- Does credit risk need an expected shortfall-style revamp?
- Teach history to avoid mistakes of yesterday’s quants