The effects of regulation such as the US Dodd-Frank Act and beefed-up bank capital requirements under Basel III are "redefining” the commodities market, says Stuart Staley, London-based head of global commodities at Citi.
Speaking in an exclusive interview, Staley identifies a surge in regulation as one of the two main trends in commodity derivatives over the past 18 months, along with the dramatic decline in crude oil prices in late 2014 and early this year.
“It is hard to speak about market
- Asia moves: Natixis sales head moves to Barclays, new banking head for StanChart Singapore, and more
- Functional programming reaches for stardom in finance
- Banks hope final FRTB rules will ease NMRF burden
- Banks use machine learning to ‘augment’ corporate sales
- Buy-siders eye ways to get ahead of US resolution stay rules