Jorge Montepeque, the global head of market reporting at Platts, is to leave the New York-based price reporting agency at the end of the year.
Having grown up in Guatemala amid the 1970s energy crisis, Montepeque moved to the US and joined Platts in 1988. He first worked for the company’s US petrochemical division, before specialising in crude oil. Later, during a spell in Singapore, he developed pricing methodologies that would eventually become the market-on-close technique now used by Platts
- People moves: SocGen adds in prime services, Deutsche fills new rates hole, HSBC makes model move, and more
- Credit risk quants are hitting the tech gap
- Princeton tops inaugural Risk.net quant master’s ranking
- Does credit risk need an expected shortfall-style revamp?
- Quant Finance Master’s Guide 2019