Setting up a bank commodity desk from scratch is an impressive feat at the best of times. To do it against a backdrop of heightened scrutiny over banks' commodities businesses and regulation such as the US Dodd-Frank Act is even tougher. But since launching its commodity hedging and risk management desk in January 2013, Columbus, Ohio-based Huntington Bank has seen its trading volumes soar. It can also boast a clutch of enthusiastic commodity hedging clients.
During 2014, the desk's trading
- Quant Finance Master’s Guide 2019
- People moves: SocGen adds in prime services, Deutsche fills new rates hole, HSBC makes model move, and more
- Brexit threatens to reopen Asian bail-in clauses for EU banks
- Podcast: Kenyon and Berrahoui on the pitfalls of PFE
- Cross-currency swaps could hasten RFR shift in Australia