Bank of America Merrill Lynch (BAML) has agreed to provide US dollar clearing services for the Switzerland-based commodity trade finance unit of BNP Paribas, allowing it to continue doing business in dollars even after a one-year ban takes effect on January 1, according to a confidential bank document obtained by Risk.net.
The ban was imposed on BNP Paribas as part of its $9 billion settlement with US authorities over charges that the French bank circumvented sanctions against Cuba, Iran and
- Banks hope final FRTB rules will ease NMRF burden
- Functional programming reaches for stardom in finance
- Brexit novations ‘on hold’ to gain reg relief
- Asia moves: Natixis sales head moves to Barclays, new banking head for StanChart Singapore, and more
- Buy-siders eye ways to get ahead of US resolution stay rules