The launch of a carbon-linked financial product by China General Nuclear Power Group (CGN) marks the first attempt by Chinese enterprises to explore issuing carbon derivatives, however the advent of a robust carbon derivatives market remains a long way off, according to market experts.
CGN Wind Energy, a subsidiary of China's central government-controlled nuclear power group CGN, launched a batch of medium-term debt notes with a total value of 1 billion yuan ($160 million) two weeks ago. The
- People moves: SocGen adds in prime services, Deutsche fills new rates hole, HSBC makes model move, and more
- Quant Finance Master’s Guide 2019
- Credit risk quants are hitting the tech gap
- Princeton tops inaugural Risk.net quant master’s ranking
- Does credit risk need an expected shortfall-style revamp?