Senior bankers are privately welcoming a recent newsletter by the UK Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) that calls for greater attention to be paid to the growing role of independent commodity traders.
In its recent Commodity Markets Update, the FCA warns that the rising concentration of commodity trading houses in the market will "pose a challenge" to the regulator's ability to supervise.
While major banks are loath to comment publicly on the matter, senior bankers speaking anonymously to Energy
- Asia moves: Natixis sales head moves to Barclays, new banking head for StanChart Singapore, and more
- Functional programming reaches for stardom in finance
- Banks use machine learning to ‘augment’ corporate sales
- Banks hope final FRTB rules will ease NMRF burden
- Buy-siders eye ways to get ahead of US resolution stay rules