The recent takeover of Singapore-based Cleartrade Exchange by the Leipzig-based European Energy Exchange (EEX) reflects an increasing enthusiasm for Asian commodity trading among firms that had previously been more focused on European energy markets.
On January 13, the two exchanges announced EEX had acquired a 52% holding in Cleartrade in a transaction that closed in December 2013. An expanded geographical scope and access to markets such as freight were big draws for EEX, according to Peter
- Brexit novations ‘on hold’ to gain reg relief
- Banks hope final FRTB rules will ease NMRF burden
- Functional programming reaches for stardom in finance
- People moves: Bank of America names new Apac chiefs, Wilkinson leaves LGIM, Lloyds loses Coutte, and more
- Mifid data publishers drag feet on Esma guidelines