According to international dealers active in Asia commodity finance, regulatory and market-related factors are driving increased volumes of lending products that employ both physical and financial underlyings to manage counterparty and price risks. By Deutsche Bank’s estimation, 30%–40% of base metals trade flow in Asia is funded on a collateralised basis, a level that could double over the next few years if prices continue to increase at current rates.
On the one hand, the increased capital,
- People moves: SocGen adds in prime services, Deutsche fills new rates hole, HSBC makes model move, and more
- Credit risk quants are hitting the tech gap
- Quant Finance Master’s Guide 2019
- Princeton tops inaugural Risk.net quant master’s ranking
- Does credit risk need an expected shortfall-style revamp?