Anthony Ward, co-founder and principal manager of Armajaro’s CC+ commodities fund, is concerned about the level of regulation being placed on hedge funds and in particular a possible move by politicians to interfere in commodity trading.
“We are definitely worried,” said Ward. He said comments by French President Nicolas Sarkozy about the need for more regulation and in particular calls for more rules to curtail the rise in food prices were worrying for the industry.
“He is saying it is [commodity
- People moves: SocGen adds in prime services, Deutsche fills new rates hole, HSBC makes model move, and more
- Credit risk quants are hitting the tech gap
- Princeton tops inaugural Risk.net quant master’s ranking
- Does credit risk need an expected shortfall-style revamp?
- Teach history to avoid mistakes of yesterday’s quants